Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Interview


I have been dreading this day for awhile now, my first interview after such a long reprieve from the workplace. But it went much better than expected. That is, I assume it went very well since they took me around and introduced me to the entire office and said "welcome to the team". Umm, okay "well we're discussing the possibilities" I said and we need to negotiate this but it seems they were pretty interested. If I manage to negotiate this right, I could potentially only have to be away from Ashiah about 2.5 days a week for the most part and the money's decent. This would really be very ideal.

So this initial interview behind me I'm feeling a lot less stressed. I know nothing is set in stone yet but the fact that it went so well helped me feel like although I've been out of touch with things for awhile that there still is more to me than just being a mommy and that felt good. I wore a business suit and heels for the first time in over a year and I guess it's all just like riding a bike. It felt as though my life as Sam had been put on pause and today I pushed play again. So bizarre. But I must admit that I missed my daughter even after only a few hours and was elated to see her beaming face at me in her daddy's arms when I got home.

No comments: