Friday, May 23, 2008

A good day

It's been a good day. Best I've had in a long while and might I added, much needed.

Two of my major stresses as of late have been resolved. I've secured a new job - not just any job, but one where I can work part-time as of August and yet make as much income as I would full-time which will allow me to spend more time with my beautiful girl. And I've found a daycare for Ashiah when I do work, an all organic, chemical free daycare nearby in a private home with a lovely woman who has a 14 month old baby who basically looks like a 4 month older version of Ashiah and they get on swimmingly. I'm very happy and feel much more settled now. I can now focus on integrating Ashiah into a new routine and I also get to integrate myself slowly into my new job over the next 2 months since they need me for a day here and there. Smashing.

We went out for a celebratory dinner in Wakefield tonight with my wonderful, most genuine friend Orla and it was lovely...apart from the slow service, it was lovely. We came home and sipped some expensive wine we bought in Sonoma Valley and munched on sweets Orla picked up for us. Ashiah went to bed without too much protest and as I watched her fall asleep I felt blessed to have such a beautiful sweet baby. She's growing up so fast now, stands on her own and even occasionally takes a few steps here and there, I can't believe she'll soon be walking already. She's very vocal now, extremely social and very very busy and already has quite a developed personality complete with likes and dislikes something that amazes me every day. Yesterday I asked her to show me the sheep on the fridge amongst the magnetic animals and she pointed to it. I then told her to push the button and she did. This may seem trivial, but it really was outstanding in my world that my little 10 month old daughter could understand me so completely. Thrilling is not an overstatement.

And lastly Greg and I connected in a way we haven't for some time today just because we've had so much to deal with and it was lovely.

I feel happy and hopeful today. Yes, a good day.

No comments: