Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wilted flowers...


After the flowers have wilted, and the family has gone
The memory of you in my heart still lives on
Not a day goes by when my thoughts aren't of you
Of your tiny frail body that was once part of mine
That your life was but just a short moment in time

The smile on my face hides the hole in my heart
I go through the motions but I feel torn apart
The swell in my belly is no longer of you
But of spirits imbibed to numb the lingering ache
Appearance of self-possession and serenity is best for all sakes

Like a warm passing wind your name fit you well
That you were once in existence no one can tell
But for the photograph I look upon every night before bed
My thoughts are of all that we'll never share and won't be said
As I slip into slumber it's my dreams that I dread

Though brief was your life forever I am changed
For in random moments my thoughts call out your name
Zephyr my son
I shall never be the same

No comments: