Friday, April 25, 2008

Firsts...

Our whirlwind trip to Vancouver/Seattle/Victoria marked several firsts for Ashiah. Aside from her usual clapping when we say "yay" my Aunt Diana taught her to wave her arms in the air when we say "hooray". She also said "Mama" for the first time - I asked her if she could say it and she did clear as a bell in front of Daddy and his brother and wife and I cried. Yep, I did. Just to be sure I asked her "who's Mama" and she put her hand on me. Yay.

She also cut her two top teeth (which put her in an unusually cranky mood). She also stood on her own without holding anything for several seconds - I said "Ashiah, you're standing, you're standing!" and she seemed to have understood because she looked at the ground and around her and sat down. Very funny.

She also has her first cold, not sure who got it first, her or her Daddy but as she and Daddy are on the tail end of it, I'm now sick as a dog today. Barely slept all night, Ashiah was up several times since she's all confused with time zones now and Greg worked all night. I'd just gotten to sleep when he crawled into bed and woke up Ashiah so now I'm up and desperately trying to stay awake while he sleeps happily. He was supposed to be coming to bed in half an hour - that was at 1am. Ugh, am not impressed. He smiled his sheepish grin and pulled the covers over his head 'cause he knows mommy's not a happy camper.

Missing family today. Was so nice to see my Auntie Di in Victoria and Ashiah loved her and the rest of the family when we saw them at dinner. She was just so comfortable with everyone, it's almost like she knew they were family. She also loved her Auntie Noel and Cousin Jericho. Would be nice to have them all closer - and also for some reprieve now and again especially like days like today. Mommy's shouldn't get sick. It should be a cosmic rule.

No comments: